Department Head & Operations Manager
Performance Standards / Measures
- Achieve the monthly target set by your direct line Manager
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of Compliance and treating customers fairly
- Apply relevant fees and charges on MTA as per TOBA
- Apply relevant fees and charges on Cancellations as per TOBA
- Follow the agreed chasing process for documents
- Minimal Errors
- Personal Objectives
- Company Staff Handbook
- Health and Safety
- Refer to 12 monthly appraisal document and ad hoc meetings
- Adhere to the company staff handbook
- Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself within the workplace
- To be professional in relation to role when interacting with peer group, senior management, customers and all external parties, using appropriate behaviours.
- Work well individually and as part of a team leading by example
- Customer Service
- Provide help and advice to customers over the telephone, by e-mail or face-to-face
Investigate and solve customers’ problems and complaints within the required timescales.
- Complete and process, mid-term adjustments ensuring the correct additional/return premiums are calculated and collected, following the correct processes and procedures whilst applying the relevant fees are per the company’s terms of business
- Complete and process, cancellations ensuring the correct
additional/return premiums are calculated and collected, following the correct processes and procedures whilst applying the relevant fees are per the company’s terms of business
- Complete and process, late disclosures ensuring the correct additional/return premiums are calculated and collected, following the correct processes and procedures whilst applying the relevant fees are per the company’s terms of business
- Deliver excellent customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Respond to enquiries from clients, brokers and underwriters received by phone, letter or e-mail in a courteous and helpful manner and ensure that all information required by the client or underwriters are obtained and communicated.
- Manage workloads of both yourself and team members to avoid backlogs
- Adhere to treating customers fairly (TCF) at all times
- Comply with all regulations as set by the FCA and be aware of and adopt any changes in regulatory practice through attending appropriate training and maintaining competence in the relevant area.
- Follow and comply with all scripting set out by the company in line with the FCA guidelines.
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure that credit control rules are followed and that cash flow objectives are achieved.
- Follow the process for all default via close premium finance
- Effectively manage the collection of premium payments, minimising the risk of debt. Chase and receive payments by cheque, credit card and direct debit for new business, renewals and policy amendments.
- If the quote is accepted verbally, issue written confirmation, providing full details of cover, enclosing proposal(s) for completion (if applicable) and the “Terms of Business” document.
- Issue policy documents and update client records.
- The Advisor will share responsibility for dealing with any actions attaching to existing clients on mid-term adjustments and claims and will occasionally refer to senior colleagues.
- Follow the appropriate process for chasing all documents
- Validate and process all documents received by clients
- Monitor, check and process any documents received from insurers.
- Ensure that the system records are created for mid-term adjustments, cancellations and enquiries are updated following all client contacts.
- Identify all potential cross sales and up sell opportunities, referring to other departments where necessary.
- Assist and support in the generation of new leads and enquiries
- Accurately record all correspondence with customers and/or insurers onto the relevant system
- Comply with all process and procedures that have been set out by the company
This job description is not exhaustive. In addition to the tasks outlined above, employees may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested.
Company Pension Scheme
28 days holiday a year
Company health care plan
Competitive salary and bonus scheme
Working within a vibrant office environment
Email your CV and covering letter to Faye Roebuck at email@example.com