Job Title: Sales Advisor
Department: All Sport
Reporting to: Operations Manager
To work as part of a team and individually to provide support to the All Sport Department clients to ensure conversion of new business, service of existing clients and retention of renewals to achieve company income targets in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Respond to enquiries from clients, brokers and underwriters received by phone, letter or e-mail in a courteous and helpful manner and ensure that all information required by the client or underwriters in obtained and communicated.
- Complete the key task of “fact finding” to identify clients’ requirements and to provide the best level of cover to fulfil their needs.
- Using the information gathered, determine which Insurers will provide the best level of cover and the most competitive rates for the covers required.
- Obtain quotations, using quotation system, rating guides or by referring to insurers. Communicate quotations, advising the most appropriate in terms of price and cover to meet the applicant’s needs.
- Discuss any “additional” covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
- If the quote is accepted verbally, the Advisor will issue written confirmation, providing full details of cover, enclosing proposal(s) for completion (if applicable) and the “Terms of Business” document.
- Issue policy documents and update client records.
- The Advisor will share responsibility for dealing with any actions attaching to existing clients on mid-term adjustments and claims and will occasionally refer to senior colleagues.
- Maintain the system for raising renewals, which should be actioned 4 weeks before renewal date. Manage the departmental diary system and produce renewal documentation.
- Monitor, check and process any documents received from insurers.
- Ensure that the system records are created for new business, mid-term adjustments, enquiries and renewals and updated following all client contacts.
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure that credit control rules are followed and that cash flow objectives are achieved.
- Chase and receive payments by cheque, credit card and direct debit for new business, renewals and policy amendments. Issue receipt documents and send renewal documents.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Office Manager.
Must have a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who works well working towards personal and team targets. The ability to deal with various customer types. A good communicator. Well-presented and business like.
Good working knowledge of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Open GI system, Internet and email.
Must have a genuine interest in working with and helping customers, have good communication skills, good presentation and a polite, tactful and friendly character, the ability to be flexible, decisive and quick-thinking, the ability to handle complaints and difficult situations in a patient, calm and effective way and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.